Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A little sunset beach

I have decided to make more of an effort to update this blog as much as possible.  I update facebook quite a bit but for some reason the blog doesn't get that same amount of attention.  Any who my goal has always been to update once a week (we all see how great I am at that!) but I have decided to become a little more "realistic" in my goals so........... I have decided to update as much as I can remember.:)

This past weekend we decided to go to our FAVORITE beach (Sunset beach) up on the north shore for a couple of hours.  When we got up there the weather was pretty nice and the waves were perfect. The kids sat down and started to play in the sand and I started to think about how far they have already come since moving here to Hawaii.  

When we first got here Bonnie wouldn't even sit on the sand, now she is like a little sand monster:) She swims in the ocean back and forth from me to Shad and has even been attempting to put her face in the water.  Potty training is next on our list of things to do and since she has already been doing it on her own for awhile now I don't think it is going to take long for her to be out of diapers.  

Preston is swimming by himself for short periods in the pool and it will only be a matter of time before he is good enough to go without the vest in the ocean.  He is smart, caring, and so awesome with everyone he meets.  Only a couple more weeks and my little boy will be a kindergartner.... I know I always said I wouldn't cry when he went to school but man I'm already tearing up, but I think I will blame it on the pregnancy. 

I am so glad that I have a husband who is amazing and takes me places that I never thought I would go:) I mean this in so many different ways.  He is the best father EVER and he has more patience than I could have ever dreamed!  Not to many dads would be OK with fish sticks and totinos pizza for fathers day dinner (We ran out of propane for the steaks!), but he was.

Who would have thought that we would be living in Hawaii and raising 2 and soon to be 3 kiddos? I know I didn't:) But here we are and we are actually surviving for the most part. Last night I actually said I kinda missed the rain and Shad confessed that he was starting to miss the mainland a little bit.  I know we are crazy for not absolutely loving it here but being so far away from all the "normal" is kinda hard:) It is good that we have made some AMAZING friends over here that are making life a little more normal everyday.  I guess what I'm trying to say is........ COME VISIT US! haha




























1 comment:

kristi roundy said...

beautiful pictures (and I mean the kids). The scenery is cool too. We miss just knowing you were a little closer. Thanks for updating.